IPM Interview Preparation Tips 2023
The IPMAT Exam has concluded, and the interview process has begun. Students are becoming anxious as they anticipate the interview questions. Of course, nobody other than the interviewer is aware of the exact questions you will be asked. However, there are some fundamental inquiries that almost certainly every student must answer.
IIM will conduct PI for the candidates who have been shortlisted. The PI could be done online. Shortlisted candidates must attend AT and PI in order to be considered for admission. The performance of candidates in PI is critical to the selection process. Candidates must therefore prepare ahead of time.
The IPMAT selection process is based on PI performance and the institute cutoff. The institution establishes a different cutoff for each section for various categories of students. If the students’ scores are higher than the cutoff, they are invited to the PI round. Being well-prepared boosts your confidence while also improving how you present yourself in the PI. Although there is no set curriculum for the PI, candidates can practice some of the more likely questions.
- For all IIMs, the interview process is essentially the same.
- Answer each question with assurance.
- Never show off or respond to unfamiliar topics
- Keep in mind that questions can be formed from your previous responses.
Here, you will learn about the fundamental IIM IPM questions and how to properly respond to them.
Tips for Interview Day
Keep in mind that the main goal of the interview was to see how you react under pressure. Being composed is therefore your greatest advantage over others. Keep in mind these suggestions as you prepare for your interview process and maintain confidence when responding to questions.
- Maintain Your Confidence – Difficult questions might be asked to gauge your response to stress.
- Remain calm and focused-Use “thank you” and “sorry” a lot to maintain your composure. Remain calm and focused.
- Listen before you speak-Before you respond, wait for the interviewers to finish their question.
- Read the newspaper-Check the gold price, the Sensex, and the top stories of the day in the newspaper.
- Say no to anxiety—it’s just another day.
- Greet your interviewer before and after you start-Greet your interviewer before and after you finish.
Find and learn about frequently asked questions.
These questions will primarily assist you in gaining an understanding of what may be asked in the interview and what others have encountered in their interviews. Do not rely on the same question because you may not receive the same question. To keep an overview of the process, find and prepare for as many questions as you can.
The following table lists some likely subject areas from which questions could be derived:
- Newspaper– Did you read the previous week’s newspaper?
- The political system-Cabinet Ministers, State Ministers, Recent Elections
- Top three stories from the previous year-In depth examinations of the top three stories at the national and/or international levels
- Maps of your city, state, country, rivers, national parks, districts, and world countries
- Website Pages-Website Pages of IIMS. Extensive research on the course for which you are applying
- Subjects-Have you looked through the subjects you studied in grades 12 and 11?
Get Ready for Online Interviews
This year, the interview process is likely to be conducted online, and you should be prepared accordingly. Before proceeding with the interview, you must double-check all of the technicalities. Before you begin, keep the following points in mind:
- Sit upright on a proper table and chair, with half of your body visible to the interviewer.
- Before beginning the interview, double-check your audio and video.
- Keep your background as simple as possible; avoid using any background that might distract the interviewer.
- Check your internet speed to ensure it is working properly and exceeding the required limit.
- Check that your camera is of good quality; if not, invest in an external camera for the interview.
- Your environment should not be dark; ensure that you have adequate lighting where you will sit for the interview.
It is essential to dress appropriately.
- Wear appropriate attire to the interview.
- The situation calls for formal attire with a tie and blazer.
- Make certain that your clothes are ironed and of a solid color.
Join Best IPMAT Coaching in India Now
Have a look at our best courses for your IPMAT Preparation.
Useful Links :