Formula Sheet for IPMAT Preparation
What is a formula sheet?
Students who are taking math, science, or trade courses often use formula sheets as study aids for exams. A formula sheet’s goal is to aid a student in remembering formulas so they can complete test questions on their own. A student must be able to identify the equations and formulas that apply to the course material and comprehend how to use them in order to create a formula sheet.
Formula sheets should be used as a supplement to learning and comprehending the ideas behind the formulas, it is important to note, and not as the sole source of information. It is crucial for students to practise memorising and applying formulas because some courses or exams might not permit the use of formula sheets.
Download Formula Sheet for FREE!! Fill up the details below.
Exclusive Formula File for FREE by IPM Careers for Limited Time Only.
Some important formulas
It is crucial to keep in mind that every area of mathematics is connected to every other area before we look at the list of the most crucial mathematical formulas. Regardless of how frequently they appear in exams, if you are not confident using a few formulas, you must develop your skills and solidify your understanding of them. Since understanding all formulas is essential, the list below will give you a general idea of the types of maths formulas that are frequently used to answer exam questions.
- Arithmetic mean or average = sum of all values/ number of values
- Quadratic Formula: x = [-b ± (√b2 – 4ac)]/2a
- Distance Formula: d=√[(x₁ – x₂)2 + (y₁ – y₂2]
- Slope-Intercept: y = mx + b
- Midpoint Formula: [(x₁ + x₂)/2, (y₁ + y₂)/2]
- Plane Geometry
- Pythagorean Theorem: a2 + b2 = c2
- Area of Triangle = (1/2) × base × height
- Area of Rectangle = length × width
- Sine = perpendicular/hypotenuse
- Cosine = base /hypotenuse
How to Recall Formulas
Children must learn hundreds of formulas over the course of their academic careers. Therefore, it is crucial for students to have a few pointers that can aid them in accurately remembering the formulas. The following are a few tips:
- Understanding: A student must be able to understand the idea behind a math formula. The likelihood is that a student won’t even need to memorise the math formula if he or she understands the derivation and the purpose behind it. He’ll instinctively know when and how to use the appropriate formula.
- Practise: It will be very challenging for you to judge the use of a formula until you have solved a problem that calls for its use. You begin to remember a formula through muscle memory by answering many questions. As a result, you won’t need to actively try to learn formulas because you already understand how to use them.
- Create review sheets: Once you are introduced to a subject and begin answering questions about it, create a sheet listing all the formulas you are employing. As your learning cycle continues, keep updating it. This sheet can be referred to when you need a quick review of these formulas or if you want to memorise them.
- Mnemonics and memory techniques:You can learn math formulas with the help of a variety of mnemonic devices, which are memory aids. For example, “Some People Have, Curly Brown Hair, Through Proper Brushing” can be used as a mnemonic to help remember the basic trigonometric formulas.Thus, the formulas sine = perpendicular/ hypotenuse, and others are made easier to remember by the highlighted letters. It will be much easier for you to learn math formulas if you use these memory tricks or create your own creative mnemonics.
Important advice for preparing for the IPMAT’s mathematics section
- Determine your strongest areas of study and concentrate first on mastering them.
- Do not put off starting your preparation until after the exams. 1-2 hours should be set aside each day to prepare for the IPMAT.
- Invest in a reliable IPMAT test series, IPMAT sample papers, and IPMAT mock exams.
- Solve IPMAT previous year papers
- In QA, emphasize algebra and arithmetic. Don’t overlook these subjects.
- Make a study plan and stick to it.
Join Best IPMAT Coaching in India Now
Have a look at our best courses for your IPMAT Preparation.
Useful Links :