DI Question for IPMAT
You cannot avoid studying for it because the IPMAT exam syllabus contains a sizable number of questions from the data interpretation topics. You must be well-prepared for the data interpretation topics found in the quantitative section if you’re preparing for a competitive exam like the IPMAT.
According to an analysis of last year’s papers, you can typically anticipate 4-5 questions on data interpretation in these competitive exams, and the questions’ level of difficulty is easy to moderate.
What is Data Interpretation?
The process of understanding or interpreting data is referred to as data interpretation. Graphs, line graphs, pie charts, and other visual displays of the data are all possible. Your decision-making, reaction time, and analytical skills are all evaluated through this test. Since the purpose of the section is to assess your capacity for reasoning, data interpretation then becomes a crucial component in exams like the IPMAT. Data interpretation encompasses not only understanding the data but also identifying gaps in it and using logic to determine whether additional information should be added. One is required to interpret a few statements in addition to data such as graphs and charts in order to respond to the questions. Due to the volume of data provided, data interpretation can be challenging, so it’s crucial to have a few data interpretation tricks up your sleeve.
Advice on How to Answer Questions Regarding Data Interpretation
1) Being of Maths Stream is not necessary
You don’t need to have taken mathematics at a high level to do well on questions involving data interpretation, which is the first thing to keep in mind. The skill is in the ability to analyze the facts, extrapolate them into a mathematical answer, and then possibly use that answer to arrive at a conclusion.
2) Initially, examine the given data
Start with the data and then scan the information. How does the title make sense? What do the axes and keys stand for? Make a mental note of whether something is a number, an age, or some other kind of data; however, don’t spend too much time thinking about information that might be unimportant.
3) Provide an answer to the question
You can determine which specific data is required by reading the question in its entirety (e.g. March and April, not any other months). It’s not like in school where the method of problem-solving is valued. For the numerical reasoning test, a wrong response is a wrong response.
4) Keep in mind that there are multiple choice questions.
Therefore, you should try to eliminate the obviously wrong answers and then make an educated guess from the remaining options. Also, be sure to read each question carefully and pay attention to any units of measurement or other details that may affect your calculations.
IPMAT Data Interpretation Tips and Tricks
There are some strategies that will equip you so that you spend less time answering the questions, even though they may be challenging and have different formats. The data interpretation section may not be as intimidating as it seems if you concentrate on these strategies. You should keep in mind the following fundamental data interpretation tips as you attempt the section:
- Examine the question carefully: Read every label and carefully consider the provided information. Additionally, feel free to perform any calculations or preliminary work. The answers will be more accurate the more you practice.
- Finding patterns is a crucial task. You must carefully read the passage or the set of numbers and try to spot any patterns that are undoubtedly present; you just need to work a little harder to identify them.
- Don’t miss any information or sequence: Pay close attention to everything you do in this section and make sure you don’t miss anything. Make sure to rule out every possibility even though the questions may contain some extraneous information intended to confuse you.
- Predict an answer: Use the pattern provided to try and predict an answer before looking at the options, and then look for it there. Never assume something based solely on a pattern.
Tricks for Data Interpretation: Points to Remember
Before attempting any of the questions, there are a few things you should keep in mind. This section requires mental preparation on your part. Here are a few tips that will help you ace this section of the IPMAT and these data interpretation tips:
- Consider the specifics: You should carefully read everything and be ready to answer each question twice before making a decision.
- Practice: Look for reading material and sample test questions, then try to solve as many of them as you can to get a feel for the format.
- Make Notes: Making notes and performing calculations on paper will save you time and be helpful to you when you go back and double-check the answer.
Practice and Review Your Skills Review basic mathematical ideas like averages, percentages, fractions, etc. until you can recognise them with ease and calculate them without using a formula.
Fasten up even if the numerical reasoning test you take doesn’t have a time limit, remember that employers will frequently be evaluating how quickly you were able to correctly answer a whole series of questions. You ought to be able to solve these issues quickly as a result. Problems like data interpretations can occasionally be challenging to solve. Even though we have given you some tips for interpreting data, there are some questions that may require more help from you.
Join Best IPMAT Coaching in India Now
Have a look at our best courses for your IPMAT Preparation.
Useful Links :